BEHAVIOUR RESEARCH MANAGER
Vima is an AI technology company based in Lausanne & Martigny. Our mission is to serve the people analytics market and elevate the candidate and employee experience with actionable insights derived from behavioural & affectivity data.
We are looking for a Behaviour Research Manager / Psychologist.
You excel in extracting meaningful insights from data analyses, which you integrate with your deep scientific knowledge in social and computational sciences. In addition to having an excellent research track record, you have proven success in developing projects in line with business strategy, combining careful execution and collaboration. Your ultimate goal is to deliver knowledge and research outcomes that drive and support Vima’s product, sales, and marketing teams.
In close collaboration with the team’s data scientists, you will create and use large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and explore the effectiveness of different courses of action. Your focus lies in setting up and managing the collection of rich, high-quality data from online surveys, audio-visual behaviour extractions and performance tests. You will manage external workers remotely in simultaneous projects using in-house developed and crowdsource data collection platforms, and quantitative research analysis.
You must have a solid background in behaviour science, personality, and social psychology. In addition, you must have strong interdisciplinary experience with computational science, ideally in the fields of automatic behaviour extraction and inference of personal traits and affective states.
- Be responsible for the validity and accuracy of the models/business solutions delivered to Vima’s customers from a behaviour science standpoint
- Extract meaningful insights from complex algorithmic results, build an explanatory framework
- Coordinate interactions with our Scientific Advisory Board and Ethics Committee, fostering fair and transparent operations and treatment of all relevant issues
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy
- PhD degree in Organizational Behaviour, Affective Sciences, Social and Personality Psychology or a related field
- 3-5 years of applied behaviour research experience embracing new technologies in computer science (industry experience is a plus)
- Experience handling large and complex datasets, including behavioural data
- Strong experience in data collection using online platforms (Qualtrics, Prolific)
- Flair for effectively transferring insights adapted to business clients, peer communities, funding bodies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Drive and desire to be part of taking an exciting small company from good to great
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Flexible, analytical thinker
- Fluent user of statistical data analytic tools (R, Python, Matlab)
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced French and/or German language skills, a bonus
If you have an open personality, love to work with an engaged and diverse team in a culture of respect and transparency, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org